Thursday, May 6, 2010

GO TEAM BLUE!!!

Wednesday, I had my 16 week doctor appointment. I wasn't supposed to get another sono until June 8th (21 weeks along)... In other words, I couldn't find out the sex of my little pumpkin for 5 weeks :( Well, I decided I couldn't wait any longer so I moved my appointment to a day when I knew the sonographer would be there, and then started sweet talking the second I arrived. My favorite nurse talked the sonographer into doing a quick scan for me! They are both super nice and I am so thankful for them!

Anyway, the sonographer asked if anyone at home would be upset if she did this because I was alone. I told her no (Wade knew what I was up to). She offered to write it down in an envelope so we could open it together, and I thought that was a great idea!



I barely got a peek at the baby before she turned the screen away. But I could see that it had grown so much, to me it looked like it had at least doubled in the last 4 weeks! She even commented how it looked way bigger than 16 weeks... She didn't measure, but I'm guessing it would have been between 17 & 18 weeks. These first pictures she gave to me, and the last one she put in an envelope for me to take to Wade.



Then I went to see the doctor. I think he skipped me since I wasn't quite ready for him, so I had to wait for FOREVER for him to check me out. But finally, he did and he let me go. Luckily, Wade was at work just down the street from the hospital, so I didn't have far to go. When I got there, we were SHOCKED to see this:



EVERYONE, except my niece Emily, was certain it was a girl. My sister Krissi even said she's never been wrong before. After the shock wore off, I realized I was a little relieved because I was already a little overwhelmed to go from 1 child to 2, that having another boy will make the transition & preparations MUCH easier on me (and my sewing machine!). I really never thought I would have any boys, but this feels so right. Don't get me wrong though... I do want a girl at some point!

It's fun now to be able to buy baby things when I go shopping, and last week my neighborhood had a community garage sale where my MIL spotted this dresser for only $5! We are going to give Austin a new bedroom, and let the new baby go in the nursery. So this is going to sit in my dining room until I decide what color Austin's new furniture will be!



I normally don't write this much, but Tuesday was so awesome, I want to remember every detail. I still have more wedding pictures so those will be next!

No comments: