Tuesday, May 24, 2011

austin's toddler room

I'm excited to finally reveal Austin's toddler room! Most of the work was done last summer, while I was pregnant with TJ. I'm only now posting pictures because the decorating portion is close enough to done that I can share. I love, love, love this room and I'm so proud of all our hard work!


before: guest bedroom

my helper

he was a really good helper!



dresser before.  this was mine growing up and previously belonged to my aunt.  bought in chicago when my aunt was a child!

finished dresser!
original knobs on bottom, new knobs on top

john deere sleeping bag my mom bought for austin.  he still insists on sleeping in this, even after i made him my very first quilt!

bed being put together.  wade made this from ana white's design, based on the farmhouse pottery barn bed.  i'm so proud of this so i may do another post just to highlight our work on it.


finished bed!!
i made the quilt, star pillow and sham with his name on it.  the back side of the quilt matches the sham and is much more colorful

close up of my painting and distressing

2nd dresser.  i couldn't find my before picture, but basically it was just unfinished wood with matching knobs.  my mil found this at a garage sale for only $5!!

top of 2nd dresser
old side table from ikea that was unfinished as well.  i painted it to match, and also matched the hardware on the garage sale dresser
close up of knobs on 2nd dresser and side table.  all the knobs (including my old dresser), i bought at hobby lobby.  they were iron, i painted them white and stained them.
curtains i made out of canvas painting cloth (my fav!), and trim to match the bed.  you can't really it, but there's a cute ruffle along the bottom.  the star was a good find at canton first monday trade days.  this is the only picture of the outlets.  i covered them all in red gingham.  the chair, i believe, was wade's grandfathers.

hooks from hobby lobby. 

letters from hobby lobby, painted and distressed to match the furniture.  and a not-so-good picture of the rope trim.  my friend, kim's idea!


i think he likes his new room!

No comments: