Monday, September 12, 2011
travis 11 months old!
I had a very hard time taking his monthly picture this time! All Travis wanted was to stand on the chair and laugh at his silly brother! Lots of changes this month!
Right now, TJ has 4 teeth. The top left was the last to pop through and we FINALLY saw it 10 days ago. He's already chewing on his fingers again, so we didn't get much relief in between new teeth. This month I started feeding him jarred baby food. I've been making his food for 6 months, and it was just starting to wear on me. Plus, he really needed more texture to learn to gum and chew so this was easiest. He pretty much wants to eat everything, but he needs more teeth before I give him free reign! At this time, I'm letting him eat real bananas, rice, beans (cut up), gerber puffs (his fav!) and he likes to chew on pizza crust. (4oz bottle with jarred food & cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and 6 oz twice a day in between meals and before bed)
This kid is a crawling machine. He is pulling up, cruisng, and climbing on everything he can. He always seems to gravitate towards the stairs, so a couple weeks ago we let him go up. He crawled up like he's been doing it forever. He is fast! If I had to guess, I don't think he'll be walking by his first birthday, but he will be close. Especially if we step up the practicing. He likes us to help him walk, but he prefers to crawl. (I remember Austin wanted help walking ALL the time and he was doing it on his own days before he turned 1).
TJ is really starting to play well independently. He loves to play with Austin's cars (which has turned out to be our first bit of sibling fights). Mostly he just crawls around and follows everyone else. He can wave bye-bye, but he really likes to point. I joke that I've taught him to do that when I ask him how old he will be, but really he just points a lot!
Talking - He babbles non stop, and it is so cute! He LOVES to mimic sounds, and he can say Mama, Daddy, and da-doo (I think he's trying to say doggie). His first word was Mama, and right now that's what he says constantly while he's pulling on my pant leg to pick him up. I love it! (For the record, Austin's first word was "more". For food).
Sleeping - no changes. Bedtime is 8p, up around 7a. Naps are generally from about 9-10:30, and 2:30-4:30 but the second one varies with our work schedule. His last nap can't be longer than 2 hours, or last past 5p or he won't want to go to bed at night. I think he still takes naps in the middle somewhere, around noon, but when I'm with him on my days off we are usually out and he does fine without it.
I can't think of anything else right now, but I may edit this again later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment