Monday, May 20, 2013

gender reveal party!

my beautiful cake made by michelle wood


team pink
(TJ wanted to wear pink, but he wanted a boy)

team blue
(Austin refused to wear pink but he really wanted a girl! I wore green and put myself in both pics bc I didn't want to pick a side!)









This was the sweetest moment.  After a little commotion over the pink, I looked up and saw Austin sitting right in front of me with the biggest smile on his face.  I still could tear up seeing how happy he was.  I love that he's old enough to be more involved with this pregnancy. 

My view of the cake :)

Travis was more interested in eating the frosting!










I'm not huge into surprises, or suspense, so it was really hard for me to wait for this party!  I had my sono on Tuesday, and had to wait till Saturday (at exactly 19 weeks) to find out the gender of my sweet baby.  I couldn't wait, and spent that week analyzing every sono picture and video I had...  I really thought I was having a boy!  The wait for this made the reveal more suspenseful and it was so special to find out with our family and close friends.  I loved loved loved cutting open the cake to find out.  I teared up just from the overwhelming joy at finally knowing what has been poking me and giving me headaches already! 

And for the record, no, I wasn't hoping for a girl, or a boy.  I really would have been just as happy with a boy.  In fact, probably a little less freaked out!  I almost wore blue to the party because I felt like team blue was going to need some support:)   Then I decided it didn't matter and I would stay neutral.  Now that the shock is wearing off, I'm having fun shopping for cute girl outfits!

No comments: