| 6 1/2 weeks with the dr who delivered all 3 of my kids. |
| new booties from Aunt Jaclyn... so cozy! |
| first time napping in her own bed... around 6 weeks |
At 5 weeks, Lila smiled for the first time. At 6 weeks, she slept through the night (midnight-6am)! At 7 weeks, she started to coo. Now at 8 weeks, she weights 10 lbs, 8 oz and has outgrown all of her newborn clothes. I didn't expect a 9 pounder to take that long! She's a champion nurser, so I'm still puzzled by it, but glad it's getting better. In fact, I thought she had reflux for a while, but it turns out she was actually overeating. I've learned to pull her off after 45 minutes, but every now and then she'll want a whole hour. Yeah. This is the baby who was not yet to her birth weight at a month old.
We have settled into a really good routine during the day. Eat, play, sleep, starting at 6am. She's very predictable- exactly 3 hours between feedings, and cluster feeds every night after her bath from around 8:30-11:30...But then sleeps until 6am :) I've been ok with that since she was so slow to gain weight, and I'm scared to mess up her nighttime sleep. BUT I've only got 3 weeks left until I go back to work, so we are going to figure out a way to stop that!
Lila visited San Antonio at 5 weeks, and celebrated her 2 month birthday during her first Thanksgiving. She also visited Santa Claus for the first time the week of Thanksgiving. Wade went back to work at 5 weeks. We've been ok, but definitely miss him and the relaxing family time. I guess it's good to be easing back into normal life!
No comments:
Post a Comment