Saturday, August 9, 2014

Lila 10 months













I"m a little late on this post, but Lila turned 10 months old a little over a week ago!  She's changing so much, it's hard to keep track of everything.  Within a few days of turning 10 months, she cut her top 2 front teeth (finally!).  So now she's got the front 4.  She's sleeping about 12 hours at night still, and taking 2 2 hour naps during the day.  No more pack-n-play.  She definitely sleeps best in her own room.  Her meals pretty much correspond with ours and she's eating pretty much anything she can.  I'm still making fruit and vegetable purees (and sneaking them into the boys food).   

Lila has become such a sweetheart.  She has started giving hugs and sometimes big open mouthed kisses, although she is selective on who gets them, and when she passes them out. She's pulling up to standing, but not interested in cruising or walking yet.   During my mom's 70th birthday party, Lila waved and said "bye-bye" for the first time - first word too.  She's babbling more and sometimes you can make out some words.  Last week, I swear she said "Iwa bubba" while she was twisting and looking for her brothers.  She loves them soo much.  And those eyes...  I can't get enough of them.  I've yet to take a picture that captures the blueness of them.  I'm hopeful they will stay that way!

A lot of these pictures are from her first vacation, which was to Hawaii.  She and I went with my parents there and back (the rest of the family was on different flights), so it was great to have their help.  I was so anxious about how she would sleep (and also about the boys being on a different flight), that I was almost sick to my stomach.  But thankfully, and after a lot of prayers, everyone was just fine.  The first flight was to LA and she cried for about 20-30 minutes before she finally fell asleep with a bottle.  The crying time to Honolulu was better with the bottle trick when it was nap time.  Coming back she slept no problem to San Francisco, and then on the last leg home, she slept the whole time.  She was perfectly content on my lap or Grammy's lap. 

We are so thankful for this little girl.  It's time to start planning her 1 year birthday party!  Who am I kidding, I've already been working on decorations and planning her outfit...  Can't wait to see what the next few months brings us! 

No comments: