I would normally save these types of updates for his 8 month blog but since it's the start of the year I wanted to do one now. I get so emotional when I think of all the changes that are upon us, and how most of these will be happening before his first birthday in May!
Austin's Resolutions
1. to crawl (he is very slowly making progress. he will hold himself with his arms straight up like he's doing push-ups, and a few times he's gotten his bottom up. we may be a couple more weeks before he is full on crawling)
2. to get some teeth (we can now see his bottom right one coming too! it might even beat the bottom left, which is being stubborn)
3. to stand on his own (he can stand for long periods while holding onto something unless he gets distracted. he looks very proud of himself and likes to be upright)
4. to walk (I think this will be easier for him than crawling. again, more interested in being upright)
5. to say "Mommy"! (unfortunately I think Daddy will beat me on this one. Austin favors "da da da" noises. nothing starting with "mmm" comes out of his mouth)
6. to eat Mommy's cooking (knowing he will be eating "real" solid foods scares me to death but I also can't wait!)
7. to learn the sign language that Mommy and Daddy are starting to teach
Mommy's Resolutions - to get this my little business up and running soon. It's very close! And the biggest thing for me this year will be to continue to plan my time very wisely. I need to balance my biggest priority - family - with working (my real job), working (my side job), working (out), keeping the house presentable (i'm trying to relax and not say "perfect"), date nights, and friends nights.
Daddy's resolutions - Daddy doesn't do that!
Austin's up from his nap and I want New Year's pictures so I will take some and add them later.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment