Tuesday, July 28, 2009

so proud of my boy!

For some reason, teaching Austin to use eating utensils was something I was DREADING. I don't know why. I guess I thought it would be a difficult and messy task. It wasn't at all as bad as I thought!


Last night, Gram came over for dinner. We were eating fried chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole - YUM! The mashed potatoes are PERFECT for learning to "scoop". Gram suggested we try the spork... I gave her a look that said "no way". I wasn't ready!


But he did great! He even used it on his own several times. He probably used the utensil more times than not. Sometimes it's just easier to use your hands!


Daddy is out of town (with the little camera, which is what I use to video Austin), so he doesn't know about this yet. We are going to practice a lot to surprise him when he gets home!

No comments: