I desperately want a great big huge anqique hall tree for our entry, but don't want to pay for it. So, I thought I would make one just how I want it, but I know it will take me a while to find the perfect pieces to make it (hopefully they are all waiting for me in Canton). Since I was in the mood to do something NOW, I decided to re-vamp what was already there.
BEFORE:
BEFORE:
After it was painted black and the edges distressed. (I wasn't kidding about walking through my house for an entire week with a paint brush in one hand and a sander in the other)
I REALLY hate taping and leaving drop cloths and all that stuff, but I knew I would regret it if I didn't make some effort to keep the paint off the glass.
I didn't take any "during" pictures, so this is the finished project. I used several different pieces of scrap book paper and mod-podged it together. Then I dressed it up with new knobs from Hobby Lobby.
All together, this little project cost me about $8 and gave me my "fix" until I can replace it with something bigger and better!
1 comment:
It looks so cute! Great makeover.
I love Canton!!!
Alyshia
Post a Comment