Friday, April 2, 2010

LACY

Please help, if you or anyone you know is looking for a new dog! We are trying to find a new home for our 3 year old girl, Lacy. This makes me very sad to have to do this, but I know it is the right thing. We aren't trying to just get rid of her, I won't let her go without being certain that she will be in a home that's right for her, and for her new owners.


Lacy is SUCH a good girl. In fact, she's probably the best behaved out of our 3. She doesn't jump, rarely barks inside the house, she's our only dog that has NEVER made a mess in the house, and she has never growled or snapped at our son. Although I'm pretty sure she sleeps on our bed sometimes when we're not home, she never gets on the furniture. Other than this picture below, I've never actually seen her on the furniture.


Why do we want to find a new home for Lacy? It's pretty simple. We have 3 dogs right now and we are expecting our 2nd child in the fall. Our other 2 dogs are older and not as energetic as her. We never took the time to get her leash trained so we don't spend as much time with her outside as she would love. She LOVES to play with other dogs, and she LOVES being outside. It took a long time, but she finally grew out of her extremely hyper puppy stage, and enjoys some cuddling with us.


Lacy's faults? Although she is housebroken and can obey basic commands, she is not leash trained and gets nervous in car rides. She is fine with Austin, but she has been here since he was born and mostly stays out of his way. She has seemed a little nervous the few times she's been around bigger kids, so she would probably be better in a home without children. Sadly, I just don't believe we are the right family for her.

1 comment:

sweetsong said...

So sorry Megan. We just had to find a new home for our Pom. She did not like my children. :( If I hear of anyone looking I will let you know.