Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

The 4th of July is my most favorite holiday, and I think today was the best one I've had!
We started on the 3rd when Wade and I went to Lone Star Park to watch the horse races and my longtime favorite singer, Mr Pat Green. We had a blast! On the 4th, we picked up the boys and took them to lunch, then came home for naps. Dinner at Babe's followed by a celebration in Trophy Club. I loved the community feel of their little festival, and we will definitely be back! We left just before the show started and found a private little area in an undeveloped parking lot in Roanoke to watch the fireworks. Austin loved it, and little Travis was afraid. He stood up, waved bye, said "bye bye fireworks, and tried to pull us to the car. He spent the whole show curled up in my arms and I think he fell asleep. The best part of the day was that Wade was there for the whole thing! As a cop, he always has to work OT for his city's fireworks show, but he was on call today. Thankfully, he didn't get called out, and we had such a great day. My heart was so full. I hope to pass on my love of the 4th, and new family traditions to my kids.
These pictures uploaded way out of order, but here they are!

No comments: