| monthly chair picture |
| at Austin's tee ball game |
| first sleepy smile I was able to capture |
| ready for cousin charley's first birthday party |
Not a lot of changes going on yet! Lila at her 1 month well check weighed 9 lbs even. So still not back to her birth weight. She was discharged at 8lb 7oz, and was 8 lb 6 oz at her 2 week well check. She is gaining, just slowly. Dr is not too concerned, and I think I'm just good at fattening my babies up while they are in my tummy!
We are doing Babywise again, and getting the expected results. My alarm is set to wake Lila up at 6 am for her first feeding, but she usually gets up just before that, as early as 5:30. Ugh. But we have to do it that early so I can feed her before taking Austin to kindergarten. Anyway, she eats every 3 hours, and mostly does not have her days and nights mixed up. Right now she has gone 4-5 hours at night, but the last few nights have brought on a growth spurt with cluster feeding (which I used to think was a made up term for mamas who nursed on command... boy was I wrong!) and has kept me up eating from around 9pm to about 2 or 3 am. No fun. Normally she eats at 9, then goes right to sleep. I wake her at midnight and then I let her wake me up after that. She's gone as late as 4 am. And then I get her up at 6. She does the boys bedtime routine with them, but often has a little fussy period around then too. I'm planning on tweaking our bedtime routine, and giving her more structured evening feedings (6, 8:30 after boys are in bed, and then 10:30 or 11), We will see how it goes!
These past 4 weeks have been perfect. Of course I'm exhausted, but it's been so great having Wade home. We have been tag teaming taking care of the house and kids, and I'm not looking forward to him going back to work at all. During the week, we mostly stay home or run the occasional errand, and on the weekends we have been busy. Lila has gone to her first air show, pumpkin patch (for TJ's birthday party), park (for Charley's birthday party), Celebrate Roanoke, Austin's tee ball games, Springtown to see Momo and Papa, Grammy's house and several restaurants already (I believe Christina's was first, and a few times at Chipotle, once at In-n-Out, Baja for my birthday). Our family time has been great. The boys have been so smitten with her, she has Wade completely wrapped around her little finger, and I'm just so in love with this little family we've created.
No comments:
Post a Comment