| opening day |
| this picture may not look like much, but it was taken while hearing a really cute conversation between brothers |
| Austin's first game ball |
Austin turns 6 in 2 days. I can't believe it. Ive been looking through hid baby pictured all week, trying to figure out how time goes by so fast. This year has been a big one for him, and for us. He started kindergarten, which has been an adjustment, but also so rewarding and special to watch him grow and make his own friends. Austin is so special to me, and such a mama's boy! He has a very sensitive heart, worries often-- about natural disasters and big events that are new to him (first field trips, etc). And he prays reverently each night for all that worries him and for his friends and family. Nighttime prayers are so sweet and convinces me he cares for not just those around him, but whatever he happens to see on the news as well. He seems to go back and forth between a little boy and such a big kid with new language and expressions he no doubt picked up at school. Recently I caught him rolling his eyes at me and when I called him out on it, he said "I didn't do that, my eyes just didn't know which way to look!" Tonight he said, "I'm not whining, thats just one of my voices!" He has become a reading champ and is way way too smart for his own good. I'm so impressed by all that he has learned at kindergarten this year. He already knows about several presidents, can multiply by 10's, and can tell you all about the phases of water.
Right now, Austin is completely obsessed with minecraft, loves working out and running with mama, and spending time with his cousins and siblings. He is becoming a health nut and although he has a huge sweet tooth, he makes conscious decisions about eating fruit and drinking water... but veggies are gross to him! I told him recently that one of the many reasons I love him is because he made me mommy. And he melted and gave me a huge hug. He is such a mama's boy. He often tells me that I couldn't possibly love him as much as he loves me. Every night he tells me he loves me "all the way through space, past God's state, past Santa's state, to infinity and beyond, plus all numbers, times all numbers. Plus one hundred thousand." Today when he first saw me at his field trip, he jumped in my arms, gave me a huge hug, wrapped his legs around my waist. His teacher laughed and said aren't you too old for that! At his field trip he sat on my lap while all the other kids played on the playground after lunch. He doesn't like it when I come visit him for lunch because he says he'll be too sad when I leave.
Austin looks up to his daddy so much too. He loves anything military or police. I'm afraid one day he might decide to do either, or both. Which terrifies me and makes me so proud at the same time. It takes a very special heart to be that kind of a servant. And I know he's got it. I just know that one day he will follow in his daddy's footsteps. I already pray for his future spouse, know that God has already picked her out and is getting them ready for each other! I'm so proud that God has chosen me to be this little man's mommy and I can't wait to see what He has in store for him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment