We celebrated TJ and Lila's birthdays together this year! Their birthdays are 14 days apart, both on a Sunday, so we had a little party the Sunday in between. (Travis is turning 4 and Lila is now 1!) TJ is obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so he wanted a pirate party. I made it a little princess-ey to incorporate Lila as well. This year was interesting to say the least. I had completely thrown out my back the Monday before, and I was in a lot of pain the day of. All the decorations and everything that you see was already finished before I hurt myself, so there was actually quite a bit that I didn't get to do.... like make cute water bottle labels, finish my "fairy" lights, build a plank ("walk the plank") for the backyard, and a few other decorations. I didn't take pictures of the little map I made on our front porch with a red X at the door, or the castle walls I put up on 2 arches inside, complete with torches.
Cancelling or rescheduling wasn't really on the table, and I didn't want the kids to miss out bc of me, so I completely relied on help to pull this off. Wade picked up and cleaned the entire house and backyard. My mom came over early to prepare all the food, and my sister Jaclyn slaved Saturday running last minute errands (bought Lila leggings and shoes, took care of the balloons, and decorated her highchair). My MIL took Lila home afterwards and kept her the entire next day so I could rest. I rented a bounce house the night before. This party seriously would not have happened without their help. Help doesn't even convey how much they did. They completely made this party happen. I'm so thankful to have people in my life who care enough about me and my kids to do all that they did. Including cleaning up! Wade is amazing. He let me boss him around, took care of me and the kids solo for a solid week, while working a ton of OT, and even managed to build TJ and boat shaped sandbox as his birthday present. What a lucky girl I am to have such an awesome and hard working husband and father to my kids! I was not in good shape, and had a little breakdown afterwards when I realized I didn't even get to hold my baby girl on her first birthday :( I'm so thankful for everyone that came out to celebrate (it was mostly just family and a few close friends), and enjoyed seeing everyone and all the kids running around having fun together. We still have TJ's actual birthday coming up and I need to get birthday pictures taken of these 2 little ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment