39 weeks pregnant, checking into the hospital to be induced, epi fading fast (as in gone!) before delivery, wishing I took a birthing class, dr watching the Rangers with us while laboring down, baby coming fast, cursing at dr and those amazing nurses, yelling to Wade no more kids, chubby baby with dark hair and squinty blue eyes, 9lb 2oz! so happy and blessed 😊 skin to skin, nursing like a champ, lots of cuddles, introducing baby to her brothers, realized too late she needed a diaper...
Those are the thoughts that I remember most from the best day of my life. Knowing my family was all here, complete! The day Travis was born, I remember happily thinking "ok, he's here, now we just have 1 more to meet". My maternity leave was the best, most relaxing time of my life. I loved being with my family 24/7, sleeping on the recliner most nights with Lila, and having Wade home with me to do whatever we wanted, and to tackle whatever we could. It was amazing.
Lila turned 1 with 6 teeth (2 top and 4 bottom), and 2 more ready to pop on top. She's an awesome sleeper--12 hours at night and 2 good 2 hour naps during the day. She has recently started throwing everything out of her bed when she wakes up and then screams for all of it back. She's a major piggy! She eats anything and everything she can get in her mouth-- including dog food, dead bugs, and any scrap on the floor. Caught her going after used sunflower seeds at Austin's game yesterday. She begs for food off our plate. Hasn't had meat or anything too hard yet, but already had a couple apple slices. I'm much more adventurous with her food options, and she loves it all!
Lila is standing, cruising and a fast crawler. Not interested at all in walking, not even holding our hands. She can only go backwards in the walker, but loves it when her brothers push her. She loves to snuggle with her lamby, Wubanubs, and other soft toys, loves to "read" baby books, and especially play with her brothers matchbox cars. Not really talking yet, but she can say "dada" and "mama" and "doh" when she wants something. Back in July, she waved and said "bye" several times, but hasn't done it since. (She claps and waves bye all the time). Lila has way more hair than the boys did at this point. It's down a couple inches past her shoulders and her bangs are long beyond her eyes. The top and middle is quite a bit shorter, except for a small piece right in the very center. That's the only piece that never fell out after birth, so it goes all the way down in back. Definitely a crazy little baby mullet! Her hair was dark brown at birth, and now she's a blondie with the prettiest blue eyes. I'm so happy they never changed. Daddy and brothers can have the brown eyes, and us girls can carry on the blue.
This cutie is a little stinker... Climbing on everything she can. Tables, the open dishwasher, anything. She is obsessed with her cousin Charley! Follows her everywhere and head buts her (her version of hugs). I pray these 2 will be best friends!
Her brothers and daddy and I are completely smitten with this little girl! I still can't get over how God has blessed us! I'm sad this year has gone by so quickly, but can't wait to watch her grow and see what the next year brings! !






















No comments:
Post a Comment