Here's a quick little rundown of my last few weekly appointments:
35 weeks - no progress towards labor
36 weeks - 2 cm and 60% effaced
very mild, annoying contractions leading up to 37 weeks - 1 cm and 60%. boo! I'm happy because I really want an October baby and it looks like that will happen, but I'm disappointed that my contractions have done nothing. Doc says it's ok to dilate backwards and it just means the baby has moved and taken pressure off my cervix. Oh and doc also estimated baby weighs between 8 and 8 1/2 lbs already! He says they won't induce for big babies until 39 weeks, and he is on vacation until then.
Sunday night (10/3)- contractions and period like cramping really pick up at night and I start to think we should take Austin to his grandparents house just in case. But they fizzled out and we all had a good nights sleep.
Monday night (10/4) - same as Sunday but more painful. I take Austin to spend the night with Grammy just in case. I'm exhausted so I go to sleep thinking if it gets bad enough I'll wake up. Contractions got between 5-7 minutes apart for almost an hour, and they were painful - but not enough for me to go to L&D. I don't want to go unless I know I'll be coming home with a baby!
38 weeks - 4 cm and 70%!!! YAY! I am ok with Travis coming any time now. I know in the long run (if I had patience), it would be better for me if he could wait till at least Monday, but I don't think I'll make it that far. Right now I'm just happy to know he will be my little October pumpkin (sharing Mommy's birthday month), and I'm extremely happy to know that all my night time contractions have been doing something!!
My stand-in doctor guesses TJ weighs 7 lbs and I told him I like that much better than what I was told last week. He laughed and said Dr G guesses high... well maybe but he was right on with Austin! He also told me, based on my previous labor, to expect this one to be about 6 hours. Then he checked me and said nevermind, it will probably be more like 3!
I'm looking forward to tonight! If my pattern continues from the last 2 nights then I will be expecting to deliver tomorrow or the day after! Oh yeah and I went into labor with Austin exactly 2 weeks before my due date, and that would be tomorrow for this one too :)
To be continued...
1 comment:
Woo hoo! Can't wait to meet him! Good luck tonight - I'll be thinking of you! ;-)
Post a Comment