Wow, I can't believe my little boy is 1 and a half years old already! Just a year ago he was working on sitting up by himself and eating food in a jar. Today, Austin has a HUGE vocabulary and repeats EVERYTHING. He is good at climbing onto whatever is low enough for him to get on, but thankfully hasn't tried getting out of his crib yet! He has 13 teeth, 2 have just recently poked through, and 2 more are pretty close. He loves Mexican food, like his mama, and is starting to be picky about everything else. If he hasn't seen something before, he usually will refuse to eat unless he sees me put cheese on it. He even refused to eat ice cream until I was able to get a bit in his mouth. Then he said "yum, more!". Most of the time I have to sneak his veggies into his dinner, sometimes by pureeing them. Well, obviously he gets this from his daddy because I have to do that for him too!
As you can see, he has become very interested in wearing our shoes around the house, and has really started to love his baths at night... Or "toptime!" as he says it. We have recently moved him into a "big boy" bath - without his inflatable rubber ducky that he has been using since he could sit up. (I was never a fan of those baby tubs.) We have tried to take it away before, but since he was so used to it he would be all over the tub. Basically, just not ready to say bye bye to the ducky, until now.
Every day, this kid is amazing his daddy and me with what he is learning, and how much he can comprehend. The other day, I gave him some popcorn and he actually said "thank you mama". So sweet!!! Although, he has started showing us his attitude and the dirty looks he can give are pretty funny and easy to break by tickling him. He loves to be tickled, loves to tickle us (he says "kickle-kickle"). His huges and kisses are usually reserved for his stuffed ahimals, but we love the ones we get. Lateley he has LOVED hugging on other kids. He especially loves his cousins! I'm actually starting to feel ready for him to start school, and think he would love it. And I look forward to giving him a sibling. But we are going to wait a little longer for both! We are having so much fun and are just so in love with him!
I'll have his height/weight updates on Thursday. I'm back logged on posts right now. Coming up next Shannon's engagement dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment