Tuesday, November 3, 2009

OUR NEW GAME ROOM


Our game room is very multi-functional - Austin's play room, our work out room, an extra guest bedroom... I painted it shortly after we moved in, but I really never thought that I would take the time to do anything else with it. I don't know why, but I just figured it would end up like some sort of basement - lots of uses for it, and made of old, used furniture.

Now that Austin's getting a bit bigger I wanted to make it more fun for him, so I did the craft table, and chalkboard on one wall. After I did the craft and end table, I realized I needed to paint the rest of the furniture the same way, and then I made some curtains too. The room still needs some better decorating, and a few small things, but those will be added in time. It has become a room that we enjoy as a family daily and I'm just so happy with this transformation.

This picture was the inspiration for my color scheme. It was drawn in pencil by an artist Wade found and was made just for him. Click on it to see it better. It's really amazing.


Mama's helpers putting up the trim around the chalkboard.


Finished chalkboard! Now we just need some chalk...



After I posted pictures of this table before, I painted the baskets underneath red,


and changed out the knob on the side table. I'm also going to get a basket to put in the top half of this also, because I forgot to paint the inside. Oops!


Shelf (there are 2) that Daddy made a long time ago.


My mother-in-law bought this for me at a garage sale for $7!


just a little paint and now it fits right in!




I'm so proud of my curtains that I made from pvc and a canvas painting tarp! The tarp was about $20 and I cut it into 3 pieces, sewed the edges under and made a loop for the rod. Easy! We made curtains out of these about a year ago for our back patio and they look so good out there, and I thought I could use the same again upstairs for a different look.
Total cost about $25.








And lastly, the tv stand Wade made a long time ago, finally painted too.



I do have a Halloween post, and a birthday post for myself in the works. Just playing catch up for now.

No comments: