Thursday, December 31, 2009

BEST OF 2009

This blog initially was just to keep in touch, and post a few pictures of Austin for those who weren't in town. Then I started keeping better track of his day to day activities (so I wouldn't forget for the next kid!). Now it's become a diary that I do for myself, and for Austin to read one day. I love looking back at how much we've been through and how far we've come since he was born. Here's my 2009 wrap-up.


13. We started off the year with Austin turning 8 months old, and getting his first tooth! It's amazing to see how much he has grown in a year!




12. Austin goes to Austin. We drove to Austin over Valentine's weekend for the 2009 Austin marathon (see pics here and here), Austin got to meet some of his second cousins, and Mommy made the trek to San Marcos for some shopping!





11. Our stay-cation in Fort Worth!





10. Bluebonnets




9. Amsterdam/London trip with my dad and Jaclyn. I celebrated my first Mother's Day in Amsterdam at a concert for The Fray. (see pics from the trip here, here, here, here and here.


I got back from this trip the night before Austin's 1st birthday party (2 days before his actual birthday). He officially started walking while I was gone. It was so hard to be away, but definately a fun trip!


8. Austin turns ONE!! One year old pics here, and birthday party pics here.




7. River trip . What I look forward to every year. I LOVE it down there and every time I visit, I'm closer and closer to just up and moving. Pics here and here.




6. Dad's retirement in August from American Airlines after 43 years! We had family from Austin , and since I never finished my post on the celebration, here's a couple pics:
The future of AA:





5. My 30th Birthday. Party pics here




4. Chicago trip for John's wedding.




3. Denver trip for Thanksgiving (pics here, here, here and here and while we were there we did Christmas pics here)



2. Everything not covered already: Krissi getting an awesome new house (with a pool!); Jac making some major life changes, including starting law school; new additions to the fam (CT, Jaden, Kate, Scruffy); all the birthdays, holidays, and even some new friends: Baby Grant and Baby Ethan (who is almost 1!), Baby Michael ("Baby Mongel"),and Baby Brady (who Austin has yet to meet!).


1. Austin! We are amazed by the new things he is learning everyday. This year, we have watched Austin learn to eat solid foods, crawl, walk, run, shout, talk (ALL the time), say "please" and "thank you" (melts my heart), go swimming, chase his cousins around, learn names of all his family members, . AND.. I haven't told anyone this yet, because I've selfishly been enjoying it for myself (well, and Daddy)... Austin has said "I love you". Except it sounds more like "Ah doo-yoo".
We are so lucky that God has chosen us to be his parents.

No comments: